Online Bill Pay
Make life easier by eliminating checks, envelopes and stamps. Now you can pay virtually anyone in the country online.Enroll Now
Pay Anyone in the Country Quickly and Easily
Now you can pay your bills directly from your checking account. The system is easy to use, and your money will arrive safely in 2-4 business days. And with our Online Bill Pay Guarantee, plus Overpay Prevention, you can rest assured your payments will be made accurately and processed on the date you specify. If we ever cause you to incur any late fees, we will reimburse you right away.
Add as Many Payees as You'd Like
You can add as many payees as you want so whether you're paying a monthly utility bill, cable bill or your auto loan, you can do it with Online Bill Pay. And finding payees is easier than ever! We'll display a list of the most popular payees in your area so you can quickly and easily add the payees you need.
We've Got Your Back
We’ve all done it. Adding that accidental extra “0” when paying a bill can make for a bad day! With Overpay Prevention, we will prompt you to confirm your payment if we notice it is significantly larger than your previous payment to the same payee. Add that to our Online Bill Pay Guarantee, and you can rest assured that we’ve got you covered.
Make Your Life Easier with Automated Payments
It's easy to set up automatic payments for your bills with fixed amounts, like your rent or mortgage. You can set them up once and then trust that they'll go out accurately and on time every month thereafter.
Keep Track of Your Payments
With Online Bill Pay you can track the status of your payment from pending to paid, and access your complete history to see details about payments you've made in the past.
Our Online Bill Pay Guarantee
With our Online Bill Pay Guarantee, you can be assured you will be fully covered with your online experience at Bank of Oklahoma— we guarantee it!
- You are 100% covered should any unauthorized activity occur without your consent in Online Bill Pay if you tell us within sixty (60) days of the transaction first appearing on your statement.
- Your Bill Pay payments will be made safely, accurately and will be processed on the date you specify.
- Payments will arrive at the merchant within seven business days from the date they are processed, however most payments will arrive within 2-3 business days.
- Should we cause you to incur any late fees that are imposed by commercial billers based in the United States, we will reimburse you for the amount of the late fee.
How to Qualify
Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? We've got answers. And, if you don't find what you're looking for, sign in to Online Banking and visit our Actions and Tools menu to send us a Secure Message or call us at 800-234-6181.
What is Online Bill Pay?
Online Bill Pay is a service that lets you pay your bills using the Internet. It's easy and fast. No checks to write, no envelopes to address and no stamps to lick.
What can I do through Online Bill Pay?
In addition to the services provided through Online Banking, you will be able to:
- Schedule automatic payments for recurring bills of the same amount like your mortgage loan.
- Make payments to several payees from one screen.
- Make simple payments for different amounts at different times like your phone or utility bill.
- Review upcoming scheduled payments and make changes or cancel the payments.
- Set up Bill Pay Alerts using Online or Mobile banking to notify you when a payment has been made.
How much does Online Bill Pay cost?
The Online Bill Pay service is free for personal accounts. For Business Accounts, refer to your product brochure for applicable fees for the use of the Service.
What type of account do I need for Online Bill Pay?
To use Online Bill Pay, you will need a personal or small business checking account. Bill Pay payments may be made only from an eligible checking account. Money Market and Savings are not eligible for Bill Pay.
How do I enroll for Online Bill Pay?
If you are already enrolled in Online & Mobile Banking, you may enroll in Bill Pay using the following methods for both business and personal accounts:
- Enroll using Online Banking: Select “Enroll in Bill Pay” from the Actions and Tools menu where you will be prompted with the Bill Pay Terms and Conditions. Once you have reviewed and accepted the Terms and Conditions, you will be enrolled and ready to use Bill Pay.
- Enroll using the Mobile Banking app: Select “Bill Pay” from the menu where you will be prompted with the Bill Pay Terms and Conditions. Once you have reviewed and accepted the Terms and Conditions, you will be enrolled and ready to use Bill Pay.
To whom can I make payments?
Online Bill Pay may not be used for the following types of payments:
- Payments to settle securities transactions
- Payments to pay off special or delayed financing for purchases
- Payments to credit counseling agencies that pay creditors on your behalf
- Payments to payees outside of the United States
- Payments to unlawful internet gambling sites
- Court-ordered payments such as alimony, child support, speeding tickets, etc.
- Tax entities
- Collection agencies
When will payments be sent using Online Bill Pay?
If you submit your payment request prior to 8 p.m. (CT) on a business day (Monday-Friday, excluding holidays), the payment will be sent the following business day. If your payment request is made on a non-business day, the payment will be processed on the next business day and sent the following business day. When scheduling a future dated or recurring payment, if the process date falls on a non-business day, the payment will be processed on the next business day and sent the following business day. We recommend that all process dates you select be at least seven business days before the actual "payment due date," not the late date and/or grace period. Funds will be withdrawn from your account according to the Terms and Conditions. See the FAQ below.
When will funds be deducted from my account?
- Payments made Electronically: Funds are deducted from the processing account on the selected process date and remit funds to the designated payee on your behalf. The payment is estimated to arrive within two business days.
- Payments made via Paper Check: We process a paper check containing your routing number and transaction account number to the designated payee on your behalf. The funds will remain in your account until the check has been presented for payment. The payment is estimated to arrive within four business days.
What if my payee doesn't appear in the list and I have to add it manually?
After entering the name of the payee you would like to set up, a list of merchants will appear. If you see your payee on this list, please select that payee as this will help ensure the payment is sent electronically. If you do not see your payee on this list, simply add it manually. In both cases, your payee will be successfully added to your list of payees.
How are my bills paid?
Payments are sent electronically or by check depending on the merchant's arrangement with our Bill Pay processor.
How do I know if my payment will be sent electronically or by mail?
Select "Manage Payees" from the Actions and Tools menu where you will see a list of your active payees. The Delivery Method for each payee will state whether the payment will be sent electronically or by mail along with an Estimated Delivery time.
How do I add a Payee in Online Bill Pay?
In Online Banking, select “Manage Payees” from the Actions and Tools menu and then select Add a Payee. In Mobile Banking, select “Bill Pay” from the main menu and tap “Manage Payees”. Then tap the “Add Payee” button in the upper right-hand corner. In the Payee Name field, simply type in the name of the merchant or person you wish to add. If you see your merchant on the list provided, select the merchant and click Add Payee. If you do not see your merchant on the list, finish entering the payee’s complete name and simply click Add Payee. Enter the requested information for the merchant and click Next. Confirm the information was entered correctly and click Add Payee. Once the payee has been added, you can schedule a payment.
How do I know if a payment was received?
You can verify that a payment was processed by checking your Payment History. A "Paid" status indicates a payment has been sent. Electronic payments are debited once they have been processed. When a paper payment clears your account and the funds are debited from your account, this means the check has been cashed.
How far in advance should I set up payments?
In general your scheduled payment date should be at least seven business days from the date you set up a payment. However, the number of days required to make a payment can vary by payee based on the method your payee receives and processes payments.
Can I schedule recurring payments?
Yes, select “Schedule Payments” from the Actions and Tools menu and enter the bill payment amount for the associated payee. Next, select “Recurring Payment” and choose the frequency and number of payments to occur. This feature allows you the convenience of scheduling payments to be made on an ongoing basis. This feature is especially convenient for setting up payments that are for the same amount and made at regular frequencies like your mortgage (every month), water bill (every other month) or car insurance (twice a year). You can schedule recurring payments to be made weekly, every two weeks, twice a month, monthly, every four weeks, every two months, quarterly, every six months and once a year.
Can I pay multiple merchants at one time?
Yes, select “Schedule Payments” from the Actions and Tools menu and enter the bill payment amounts for the associated payees. A running total of payments will populate at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to pay multiple payees from one screen. Simply fill in the required information for the payees you wish to pay and click Next. Confirm this information was entered correctly and click Confirm and Pay.
What are pending payments?
Pending payments are payments you have scheduled through Online Bill Pay, which have not yet been processed and sent to the payee.
Can I cancel or edit payments?
Yes. The windows for editing and canceling payments are as follows:
- Payments submitted on business days before 3 p.m. CT can be canceled or edited prior to 3 p.m. (CT).
- Payments submitted on business days between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. CT can be canceled or edited prior to 8 p.m. (CT).
- Payments submitted after 8 p.m. or on weekends or holidays can be canceled prior to 3 p.m.(CT) of the following business day.
In addition, Overpay Prevention will help you avoid making an overpayment. If we notice you’re creating a new payment over $100 and at least 10X larger than your last payment to the same payee, we will prompt you to confirm the payment before proceeding.
If I cancel a payment, how will I know that the payment wasn't processed?
The payment will no longer appear on the Pending Payments screen. Instead, next time you log on to Online Banking, the payment will appear in your Payment History having a status of Cancelled.